Commercial Real Estate
Attorneys Serving Your Commercial Real Estate Needs
Whether you are developer looking to create an industrial park, a condominium association looking to amend its association documents, or a property management company negotiating multiple leases, Rothman Gordon has the experience to guide you. We have a long history of serving the real estate needs of major industrial, commercial, and residential developers and builders; national and regional lenders; commercial banks and insurance companies; private financers; property management companies; and cooperative and condominium associations. Rothman Gordon has a premier, highly effective team of professionals with years of practical experience in the field.
As a full-service real estate firm, we are poised to assist with acquisitions, land development, subdivisions, zoning and tax appeals, and real property closings. We also represent clients for planning, construction, sale, lease, and financing. We are a title insurance company agent. Furthermore, the firm has extensive experience in mineral law, including coal, oil, and gas thus allowing us to deal confidently with any matters that may arise in this arena.
Our experience includes:
- Working with three municipalities to amend their zoning and subdivision ordinances to allow a 200+ acre mixed use development spanning those three municipalities became a major shopping and entertainment destination in Western Pennsylvania
- Assisting developers in obtaining tax increment financing to fund infrastructure improvements
- Representing the owner of a suburban office complex valued at $40 million in the sale of that complex as part of a Section 1031 tax-free exchange
- Representing a developer in developing a mixed-use project in Pittsburgh on which will be constructed an office building for a Fortune 500 company, a major utility provider, and others.
- Negotiating the leases of a three-level building in Shadyside
- Representing a non-profit organization on zoning approval for a school and assisted living facility
- Representing residential developers in the creation of condominium and uniform planned communities, including Cherry Hill at Nevillewood, South Meadow at Lindwood, Twelve Oaks in Murrysville, and Summerset at Frick Park, with more than 2,000 units developed and sold by our clients.
- Assisting a homeowners association in challenging a plan by their municipality to make improvements that were the responsibility of the developer
- Counseling a developer of a $20 million project building dormitories for a college