Paul R. Yagelski
Phone: (412) 338-1124
Oil & Gas
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Paul Yagelski’s practice is devoted to the representation of landowners and royalty owners in oil and gas matters in Pennsylvania. He has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for Energy & Natural Resources. Paul practices in such areas as:
- Reviewing and explaining oil and gas leases;
- Negotiating and drafting oil and gas leases and addenda;
- Negotiating and drafting agreements for the sale of oil and gas rights/mineral rights;
- Negotiating and drafting right of way agreements;
- Negotiating and drafting surface use agreements;
- State and federal eminent domain matters involving pipelines;
- Representation involving applications filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for certificates of public convenience and necessity for pipelines;
- Reviewing and negotiating seismic testing agreements;
- Oil and gas litigation;
- Setting up family limited partnerships or other entities to own property and distribute royalties; and
- Handling estate matters for landowners and royalty owners.
In 2015, he was appointed to the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Shale Energy Law Committee and reappointed in 2019. Paul Yagelski has over 40 years of experience, including over 24 years of experience in litigation, including oil and gas litigation. Paul has litigated in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Washington, and Westmoreland counties. He has also represented clients in Federal District Court.
Rothman Gordon has chosen to represent landowners and royalty owners rather than gas companies because we believe landowners and royalty owners deserve experienced lawyers to represent them and their interests. From leases to litigation to estate planning, Paul and Rothman Gordon’s oil and gas team can assist in protecting your interests and your future.
His litigation practice includes oil & gas litigation, contract actions, creditor and commercial litigation, and bankruptcy actions. Paul has also represented a large number of clients in varying creditor actions. He has had extensive involvement in bankruptcy proceedings, including proceedings involving motions for relief from stay, motions for dismissal of bankruptcy proceedings, objections to the discharge of claims, and adversary actions. Paul has been involved in a number of successful work outs or business closures.
Paul earned his B.S., magna cum laude, from the University of Scranton and his J.D. from Duquesne University. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Associations and formerly the editor of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Shale Energy Law Committee Newsletter.