LERA Arbitration Panel on Final and Binding
Judicial Review of Arbitration Awards: Is Final and Binding Really Final and Binding
Arbitration awards are final and binding, right? Maybe not. Come join our experienced panel discuss:
• Under what circumstances arbitration awards can be appealed into federal or state court.
• What standard of review applies, and do federal and state courts use different standards?
• Are labor arbitration decisions held to any different standard of review than any other award?
• Do courts have the authority to vacate, modify or correct an award, or simply overturn it?
• What does arbitrator error, misrepresentation, or misapplication of the law really mean?
• Under what circumstances can an arbitrator exceed his/her authority?
• What does it take to prove an arbitrator’s manifest disregard of the law, bias, fraud, corruption, misconduct, undisclosed relationships or conflicts of interest, illegality, or incompetence?
Download the registration form.