Rothman Gordon’s Response To Covid-19 Virus Outbreak
March 16, 2020
Greetings to our clients, friends and colleagues:
Rothman Gordon is committed to making sure that our clients’ needs are met and that our employees and those people with whom we have contact remain as safe as possible in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Because we have invested in technology that will allow our lawyers and staff members to work from home and have ready-access to our clients’ files, many of our lawyers and staff have chosen to work from home. Others will continue to work from our office during normal business hours. In addition, we have taken the following safety measures:
- Like most businesses, we are advising our employees and guests to take common sense steps like social distancing, hand washing and staying home if they feel ill.
- We have asked our lawyers to restrict in office and face-to-face meetings. If you need to meet with us, we are still available to you, but would prefer the meeting to be held by telephone, video conference, or other means.
- For court hearings, we will appear by telephone whenever possible. We are monitoring steps being taken by both Federal and State Courts with respect to their proceedings.
- We have asked our lawyers to restrict travel to only unavoidable travel and have asked employees returning from travel to certain areas to self‑quarantine for fourteen (14) days upon their return.
- Consistent with our approach, friends and colleagues who are opposing counsel and need a reasonable extension of time, will be granted the extension if we can.
- Even though many of our lawyers and staff will be working remotely in the weeks ahead, should it become necessary for us to close our physical office, you can continue to call us normally or use email. Our intent is to maintain full law firm operations even if all of our lawyers and staff work from home.
- This is truly a strange time, with events rapidly unfolding. We appreciate your patience and confidence, and ask that you refer to our Rothman Gordon website (rothmangordon.com/news) and our various social media channels for updates regarding Rothman Gordon’s response and how we may be of assistance to you.