Estates, Trusts & Taxation
Pittsburgh Estates, Trusts & Taxation Lawyers
Whether you need a simple will or a complex estate plan, our Pittsburgh Estates, Trusts & Taxation attorneys can develop a plan that fits the needs of you and your loved ones. We can also assist with administering estates in Pennsylvania, helping with tax planning, provide elder care law advice, and guide you through Orphans’ Court.
Rothman Gordon’s Estates, Trusts & Taxation Department prides itself on creating plans that reflect your individual needs. Our attorneys can help you to create an estate plan that accomplishes your goals with minimal taxes and administrative costs. We know that you want to be confident your family is well-cared for – our goal is to ensure that confidence.
Our Pittsburgh Estates, Trusts & Taxation Lawyers also efficiently assist in the administration of the estates of loved ones with the objective of completing the administration on a timely basis.
Our Estates, Trusts & Taxation Lawyers can also assist with the formation and representation of charitable trusts, asset protection trusts, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, private foundations, and public charities.
We provide tax advice to clients at all stages of life, from establishing the best qualified college savings plan to gifts to minors for very young children to arranging for guardianship and health care issues for the very elderly. Understanding how rapidly changing tax laws impact your estate and/or business plans and keeping current is essential to maximizing your potential tax savings.
We recognize that in today’s complex society, people need assistance with more than just estate issues. Our attorneys are also well-versed in the many aspects of elder care law such as preparing for or dealing with nursing home admission, tailoring Powers of Attorney, medical authorizations, and other concerns that are unique to senior citizens and their families.
Our experience includes:
- Estates from the very small to in excess of $100 million
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Private operating foundations
- Private supporting foundations
- Private foundations
- Elder Law
- Retirement and income tax planning
- Formation of corporations, limited liability companies and tax-advantaged limited-partnerships for business and corporate entities
- Counsel on pension plans and employee benefits
- Real estate transfers in connection with estate administration
- Preparation of gift tax, estate tax, and fiduciary tax returns
- Orphans’ Court litigation
- Maintaining Orphans’ Court accounting records for trusts and estates
We are pleased to share our After a Death…What Do I Do Now? A Practical Guide for Survivors on line. This handy guide provides a basic understanding of what a survivor may face when dealing with the death of a family member.