Alternative Dispute Resolution
Mediation, Arbitration & Early Neutral Evaluators
Litigation is time consuming, distracting, difficult, and costly for plaintiffs and defendants alike. For these reasons, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) has steadily gained acceptance and popularity. The United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania implemented mandatory ADR to resolve disputes quickly, efficiently, privately, and without the costs associated with litigation in court. For every case filed in the Western District, the parties are required to conduct a “meet and confer” conference pursuant to Federal Rule 26(f) and choice of court-sponsored ADR options is a required item of discussion. Arbitration and mediation are two of the most widely accepted ADR techniques and Rothman Gordon is proud to have seasoned mediators, arbitrators, and early neutral evaluators ready to assist you.
Video Conferencing & Mediation
Rothman Gordon is equipped with video conferencing equipment if one of the parties is unable to travel to our Pittsburgh office for a mediation and would like to join remotely. Please inquire when you contact us regarding your mediation.
Our experience includes:
- Mediation and arbitration of thousands of cases.
- Mediation of a wide range of civil cases, including class actions and multiple party cases, and commercial cases such as franchise, contract, shareholder, real estate, and breach of warrently disputes.
- Construction arbitration and co-mediation.Our co-mediation model creates a mediation team who can collectively navigate the technical issues underlaying a dispute with the extensive mediation experience, allowing for a greatly likelyhood of success in resolving a construction dispute.
- Extensive experience in labor and employment arbitration and mediation, including sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, FLSA, and other employment issues.
- Family law mediation to achieve fair settlements for all parties in custody, relocation, equitable distribution, and protection from abuse cases.
- Our attorneys have functioned as arbitrators, mediators, and early neutral evaluators for the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the American Arbitration Association National Panel of Mediators, Financial Industry Regulating Authority (FINRA), the National Employment Mediation Services Panel, Justice ADR Services, JUSTUS Medical Malpractice Group, USA&M, and JAMS/Endispute.
- Our attorneys have functioned as arbitrators under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association’s Employment Arbitration Panel, the Arbitration and Mediation Service, and the Pennsylvania Bureau of Mediation, Department of Labor and Industry.