Business & Corporate Law
Legal Solutions for Business Owners
Rothman Gordon has focused its business and corporate practice on closely-held companies, family-owned businesses, and financial institutions. Our clients rely upon us for pragmatic solutions to a wide variety of problems, from structuring complicated transactions to resolving internal disputes. Drawing upon their broad understanding of law and business, our lawyers advise local, regional, national and international businesses through the entire business life cycle.
Rothman Gordon assists its clients with all aspects of their business, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Formation. We assist clients in choosing the proper business structure so as to minimize tax exposure, effect greater management efficiencies, reduce liability exposure, and increase growth potential. Once this structure is chosen, we assist with actual formation and compliance with ongoing corporate governance and regulatory responsibilities.
- Investment Capital. Our attorneys are experienced in assisting clients in securing private and institutional financing as well as other innovative means for financing growth.
- Negotiating and Drafting Commercial Agreements. We review existing contracts and draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including leases, franchise agreements, distribution agreements, employment agreements, web development and design agreements, independent contractor agreements, and many others.
- Protection of Intellectual Property. We assist clients in identifying and protecting intellectual property and trade secrets and assist in developing short and long-term strategies to protect these assets. Additionally, we draft and negotiate license agreements, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, non-use agreements and enforce these agreements through litigation. We also assist clients in securing trademark and service mark protection.
- Structuring and Negotiating Business Transactions. Our attorneys are highly skilled in structuring and negotiating various forms of business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other business combinations. We also assist clients with the purchases and sales of assets, stock and various other types of transactions.
- Shareholder Disputes. Our attorneys represent corporate clients and individuals involved in shareholder disputes or other types of business conflicts and in developing creative and efficient solutions to these complex issues.